Weep Not For the Memories

I've decided to make a seperate, personal blog where I can recount my memories of my father and of other people in my life. This'll be a special place for those precious recolations.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Milestone

Tonight, I went through the box where we keep old cards and things. After the accident, I used to go through the sympathy cards on a regular basis, taking some sort of comfort from the messages of love and support from friends and family.

I hadn't gone through the box in a while, which in itself I'm sure is a good sign. Tonight, I found myself passing over the sympathy cards and focusing on birthday cards and christmas cards from other years. The sympathy cards are just a reminder of a bad time, for all the sweet messages, and I don't find myself lingering on that time as much anymore.

It's a good sign, I think. I'm letting go, I think and focusing on the good things and not the bad things. That was one moment in my life, one horrible, awful moment, but there were so many good times, so many happy memories and I should be remembering them, focusing on those mementoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home