Weep Not For the Memories

I've decided to make a seperate, personal blog where I can recount my memories of my father and of other people in my life. This'll be a special place for those precious recolations.

Friday, November 25, 2005

My Grandma

November 25th, 1988. The day I lost my maternal grandmother.

Ruth Meihm is the woman I think of as "Grandma", my father's mother died when I was 20 months old, so I don't remember her. But I do remember my mother's mother, my grandma.

She baby-sat me several times a week after school and I saw her most weekends as well, after all she only lived a block away from me. Because of that, we had a pretty close relationship and I adored my Grandma.

I remember helping her bake when I was a little girl. I love to bake and that's something I got from my grandmother (both of them actually) and it was something Grandma and I shared, one of those precious memories.

Every year on this date, I think about her, of course. So many years have passed, but the memories are still pretty clear and I still miss her. Not the way I miss my dad, she's been gone so many years and I was so young when she died that it can't be the same, but I still miss her a lot.

After all, she was my Grandma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home