Weep Not For the Memories

I've decided to make a seperate, personal blog where I can recount my memories of my father and of other people in my life. This'll be a special place for those precious recolations.

Monday, October 24, 2005

I Listen to the Music

I Listen to the Music
By Michelle McKague

I listen the music,
That we used to listen to.
I read the books,
That once we read together.

I hear the lyrics of favourite songs,
And think of you.
I look at old photographs,
And my heart aches a little more.

There are echos of you all around me,
So many little things.
I stop and think of you all the time,
Everywhere I go I am remind of you.

Some times the pain seems never-ending,
And I wonder how to go on.
It feels like you took a part of me with you,
When you went away.

I can’t believe you’re in a better place,
Or that everything happens for a reason.
There’s no making sense of tragedy,
Of the loss I endured.

You were too young to go,
And I wasn’t ready yet to face life on my own.
I need you still,
I need you to guide me.

I always knew I’d lose you someday,
But I thought it would be years from now.
I had counted on years we’d never get,
Moments that we’ll never share.

I think of those moments,
When I listen to our special song.
With each lyric,
I think of the dance that’ll never be.

I listen to your favourite bands,
And it’s all so fresh in my mind.
The pain, the loss, the memories,
It’s all right there again.

You are gone,
But memories never die.
What you were lives on,
In all your favourite things.

So I turn the music up a little louder,
And remember.
It hurts a bit,
But it would hurt more to forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home